CodeMeta checker / validator
Describe the feature you would like to see in eossr
It has been discussed during WP3 calls that a CodeMeta validator for the OSSR would be useful.
In what context do you need this feature?
- CodeMeta to Zenodo crosswalk
- uploading record (TBD)
- OSSR curation process (automatize and thus simplify part of the curation)
Checks that the mandatory metadata are provided as well as the validity of their value
Possible way(s) to implement
It would be best to leverage it. By order of personal preference, I see:
- implement a light python checker, still relying on providers to have done their job (using the generator and/or the online official validator)
- using the code from the codemeta generator by calling it directly
- submodule the generator and tweak it if needed
- reimplement the all thing in python in the eOSSR
Note also that this is useful only if it simplifies our life and actually saves us time. A visual inspection of the codemeta file during the curation takes 20s at most, so implementation of a checker should stay rather simple and fast.